Retta is the stage name of Marietta Sangai Sirleaf, an accomplished American actress and stand-up comedian. Retta, who has wowed critics and audiences for two decades with her forceful and lively performances in a variety of films and television shows, was by far the most entertaining on NBC’s Parks and Recreation in her role as Donna Meagle.
Table of Contents
Retta Net Worth
Retta has a net worth of $4million, which she has amassed via her incredible career as a comedian and television actor.
She has become a household figure in Hollywood, having appeared in over two dozen films, television series, and a slew of entertaining comedy performances.
Retta is one of Hollywood’s most well-known and well-liked stand-up comedians, having performed as an opening act for famous names like Shirley and Bobby.
She’s also appeared in a variety of tv shows and movies, including ‘Father Figure’ and ‘Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce.’ She was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel’s talk show in 2009.
Retta Professional Career
Retta is a stand-up comedian and one of Hollywood’s most versatile artists, most recently playing Ruby Hill in ‘Good Girls.’
She also founder with Rashida Jones and Paul Schneider in NBC’s political satire television sitcom “Parks and Recreation” as Donna Meagle.
- Retta traveled to Los Angeles, California to pursue a career in comedy and establish a professional career in it after putting on remarkable and unprecedented stand-up comedy acts for her age in North Carolina.
- Though she began performing stand-up comedy in front of a live audience in 1996, it wasn’t until 1998 that she began to get attention and large sums of money after going on a college circuit tour.
- As her reputation as a comedian grew, ace comedians such as Bobby Collins and Shirley Hemphill approached her to appear as an opening act.
- She arrived to Hollywood with a growing comedy career and quickly began appearing in a variety of television episodes, including ‘Welcome to Parker,’ ‘Freddie Moesha,’ and ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.’
- Retta was a perfect choice for Comedy Central’s stand-up comedy series “Premium Blend” because she was a professional comedian.
- She also had a guest-starring role on NBC’s ‘Parks and Recreation,’ and because she was the show’s most popular character, the show’s creators decided to make her a regular in the third season (2013): She gave the opening remarks at the 3rd Critics Choice Television Awards, which were hosted at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles.
- Following that, she appeared on NBC’s ‘Hollywood Game Night,’ alongside Michael Chiklis, Alyssa Milano, and Mario Lopez, a year after presenting the Choice Award.
- Her most recent television appearance was as Ruby Hill in Season 2 of NBC’s ‘Good Girls.’
- She’s also the writer of So Close to Being the Sh*t, Y’all Don’t Even Know, a collection of essays.
Retta Height, Body Measurements and Lifestyle
Following her charming good looks and crisp appearance, Retta is the epitome of refinement and elegance.
She has won the hearts of the global audience with her spot-on comedy timing and hilarious disposition.
Retta never fails to make her audience laugh, whether she’s performing a hilarious comedy act or giving her best on-screen acting performance. However, it turns out that the audience isn’t the only one who enjoys her performance.
Tiffany’s presence alone is enough to light up the room, since she is always smiling and sarcastic. The beauty stunner exudes an upbeat, cool mood that appears to amaze the crowd.
She is confident, fearless, and vibrant, and she possesses all of the characteristics that make her everyone’s favorite and adorable. Her witty tone, outspoken demeanor, and enticing captivating looks have made her a fan favorite in the profession and among the general public.
The 48-year-old certainly knows how to treat and adore herself. She enjoys doing what she loves the most, whether it is traveling around the world or attending star-studded events in a long flowing evening gown. She spends her free time watching the Los Angeles Kings play hockey.
Retta Family and Personal life
Retta got her start as a nephew of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and is now a popular actor and comedian.
She is now a globally recognized personality, but she has kept her personal life and relationship status a closely guarded secret.
Retta was born to Liberian parents and raised in Newark, New Jersey. Her parents had moved to New Jersey after emigrating from Liberia. Her aunt, who was the 24th President of Liberia and served until early 2018, was Ellen Johnson Sirleaf’s niece.
She grew raised in Middlesex County Township, Edison, and then Cliffwood Beach, both in New Jersey. Prior to attending the private research institution, she attended Matawan Regional High School, a four-year regional public high school in the state.
Retta is a graduate of Duke University in Durham, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in sociology. She then worked as a chemist until she decided to pursue a career in comedy.
Retta is now a vital and cherished member of Hollywood, thanks to her successful career and impressive acting performances. Despite being on the radar of the media and paparazzi, she has managed to keep her private life hidden.
Since the actress has kept her personal life private, no information about her marital status or relationship has been uncovered to date.